For many years, the traditional path to a good job has been to go to college and earn a four-year degree. However, there has been an increase in the number of people choosing to attend trade schools in recent years. There are many benefits to attending trade school, including:
- Shorter and more affordable education. The length of most trade programs is two years or less, and the cost of attendance is significantly less than that of a four-year university. As a result, trade schools are a more reasonable choice for students who are looking to get an education without taking on a lot of debt.
- Direct entry into a high-demand career. Many trade school graduates can find jobs immediately after graduation. This is because there is a high demand for skilled tradespeople in many industries.
- High earning potential. Many skilled trades jobs pay very well. In fact, some skilled trades workers earn more than college graduates.
- Job security. Tradespeople are in high demand, and their jobs are less likely to be automated than jobs in other fields.
- Opportunity for advancement. Tradespeople can advance their careers by taking on additional training and education. They can also move into management positions or start their own businesses after working in the field for a few years.
If you are considering a career in a trade, there are many factors to consider. However, the benefits of attending trade school make it a great option for many people.
Here are some additional benefits of going to school for a trades career:
- Hands-on learning. Trade school programs focus on hands-on learning, which gives students the skills they need to be successful in their chosen field.
- Smaller class sizes. Trade schools typically have smaller class sizes than four-year colleges, which allows students to get more individual attention from their instructors.
- Career counseling. Trade schools offer career counseling services to help students choose the right program and find a job after graduation.
- Job placement assistance. Many trade schools offer job placement assistance to help students find a job after graduation.
There are many great trade schools, local and nationwide, out there that can help you get the education and training you need to succeed. Here at ARMI Contractors we are strong supporters of trades schools.
Check out all our trade role jobs on our career center page at Careers – ARMI (armicontractors.com)